Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Organizing: Finances

Once J and I moved in together and our purchases started to become more shared, I wanted to make it a point to make some type of budget and stick to it. I had purchased this financial organizer for my mom but she wasn't interested in using it, so I decided to use it for myself!




I was clearly swayed by the clever name (Organizher) the pretty flower design and my favorite gray and white palette. The plan was to spend one month collecting our receipts to monitor our spending, create a monthly budget, and to keep all our bills in one place. As you can see, the only success we had was collecting our receipts. For one month. And other than that, the book remains empty...






While our intentions were good, we didn't have the best follow through. The plan is to again start come June, and to have a budget in place before we start spending. Anyone really good with the family budget and have some good tips on how to stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment