Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hairy Typical

As much as I like to say I am the "non-traditional anti-bride" I am in the process of doing something very typical of brides everywhere: growing out my hair. I know, I know, what is it with the obsession to having long flowing locks for your wedding, especially when most women end up wearing their hair UP for their wedding look anyway?!

Granted, I had already been growing my hair for almost a year (yikes!) before J and I got engaged. I had done a chop of my hair November 2010: I took off a full 7 inches. For my hair journey, for the sake of consistency, I'm going to try to find pictures with my hair curly.

When J and I got engaged, this was the length of my hair, fall 2011:

I had had a few trims between this time to clean up my layers and my jagged ends. My bangs had mostly grown out at this point, and from this time period, I have not had any time of haircut whatsoever. I need to get a trim sometime soon, but this is the length of my hair as of this past weekend:

With Easter sweets, April 2011:

My hair is finally growing out after a year and a half, and I have another 7 months+ to go until the wedding. Right now I'm doing whatever I can to take care of my hair by washing it sparingly, applying coconut oil 1-2x per week, and trying not to use any heat to style it. The ends are getting pretty ratty, so a trim will have to happen in the next few weeks. I'll have to keep you all updated on how out of control the length gets...and when I finally snap and chop it all off again!

Did you grow out your hair for an event, or for your wedding? Did you do a post-wedding chop?

No comments:

Post a Comment