Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Little Red Book




As I hinted to in a previous entry, J and I purchased a mini Moleskine notebook the day after we got engaged. We had decided that we wanted to start a tradition, something small, something that would help us celebrate our first year as fiance's, and that we could continue on into our marriage if we wanted to. We decided on the hardcover red mini lined notebook, electing to split each sheet of paper into 2. We started with October 15th, 2011 as our first date (our engagement day!) and started writing.

Each day, one of us writes a one sentence "journal" of sorts; what has been going on, something fun we did, how we're feeling that day. There are no rules, just something that has to be written each day. The book rests on our bedside table, switching from side to side every few days. Whoever's side the book is on generally is in charge of writing in the book, but I will be honest: much more than half the book is in my handwriting. This is mostly due to the fact that when we travel, go home to my parents for the weekend, or we fall behind a few days, I generally fill in the gaps. So far the book is almost halfway fun, and while there were days I thought this project wasn't worth it, its now my favorite thing ever. I love being able to thumb through the pages, to have short, cute little memories of events. It also makes every day special, and thats how J and I want to live our lives: every day is a blessing, a gift, and there is something good in every day. I can't wait to continue on this tradition, and have a stockpile of little Moleskines! I highly recommend every newly engaged or married couple do this, or even a photo of the day!

Do you write in a journal, or do anything to remember your day by? Have you ever tried a Question of the Day book? Let me know! I'd love more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment