Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Laundry Essentials

After J moved in, I became in charge of the laundry. My mother raised me with a very specific love for laundry, and laundry done right. This is why J is in charge of dishes - we're trying to split housework as evenly as possible in this house! My mom got us two items that made my laundry nights 100x easier. I recommend these items (both bought at the Container Store) as they are lifesavers.

number one: the three section hamper

As much as I love a pretty fancy wicker hamper, this simple cloth/metal hamper has made sorting laundry so easy. We leave the left section for whites, the middle section for cold wash, and the right for everything else. This way I see which section is filling up, and I can throw a load of laundry in the second I see the bin getting full. It also cuts down on my sorting-through-dirty-laundry time, which no one likes to do anyway. The bin is also removable and washable, so if it starts taking on a stink its easy to care for too! It's also on wheels, so it can easily travel from our bathroom to the laundry with minimal complaining on my part.

number two: expandable garment rack

This guy comes in handy during laundry, and also while packing for trips. The clothes dry quicker on the rack rather than shoved hanging in a closet, so it helps my laundry turnover time. When packing for trips, I hang up clothes to be packed on the rack, and it makes it easier to visualize gaps in my vacation wardrobe. Its expandable and can be easily shoved into my walk-in closet when we have guests or want to keep things tidy.

What simple items make your life easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment